St. Mary School began as a dream back in the 1940’s when Italian immigrants talked of a Catholic School for their children. St. Mary School was founded in 1950, and by 1951, a kindergarten class of fifteen children began in the convent parlor. In the fall of 1954, the new school opened on Vallone Road. Its purpose was to provide the children of the Italian immigrants of St. Mary’s Parish with a quality education based on fundamental Christian values.
St. Mary School educates students from Pre-K through Grade 8, with an average class size of 18 and is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC). St. Mary School offers a full-day kindergarten and an after-school care program for all students.
St. Mary’s accepts students with different ethnic backgrounds as well as varied socio-economic levels. Each child is welcomed and given the opportunity to develop fully in Christ’s love and guidance.
Presently the faculty of St. Mary’s School is made up exclusively of lay teachers. The Parent Teacher’s Guild continues to be active in fund-raising and support of the school.
Within a Christian community, we provide high academic standards meeting the individual needs of each child in partnership with a dedicated faculty, parents, and the community we serve.
Through our strong community service to others we continue to carry on the legacy founded by our Italian fore-bearers.